Tendering and construction monitoring in open sewer construction (ABAK)
Execution area ABAK
Tendering and construction monitoring in the laying and testing of drains and sewers of all materials and nominal widths in open construction with the associated structures.
The assembly and maintenance of drains and sewers are governed by the generally accepted rules of the art as described in DIN and/or DIN EN standards and in the relevant regulations of the DWA (German Association for Water, Wastewater and Waste).
3.1 Execution areas and appraisal groups
If the requirements on technical performance capability and experience for the specified service group are met, an enterprise is classified in the appraisal group of the same name.
Tendering and construction monitoring in the laying and testing of drains and sewers of all materials and nominal widths with the associated structures.
3.14 Requirements for appraisal group ABAK
The section numbering refers to the sections of Gütesicherung Kanalbau RAL-GZ 961 ("Assembly and maintenance of drains and sewers").
3.14.1 Experience and reliability
Particular experience and reliability of the organisation and the personnel employed with regard to tendering and construction monitoring in the laying and testing of drains and sewers in open construction.
The particular experience of the organisation is considered verified through supporting documentation on the corresponding activities.
The reliability of the organisation is considered verified through presentation of a certified quality management system or evidence of a corporate management system for fault minimisation.
The particular experience of the personnel employed is considered verified through supporting documentation on the corresponding activities.
The reliability of the personnel employed is considered verified through submission of the appropriate references (e.g. certificates).
3.14.2 Resources of the enterprise
- Responsible persons5) in the appropriate number for the scope of the respective task with three years of successful activity in tendering and construction monitoring in the laying and testing of drains and sewers in open construction. Evidence of specialist knowledge will be deemed provided by presentation of evidence of suitable training9) 10).
- Skilled personnel in the appropriate number for the scope of the relevant task. Evidence of specialist knowledge will be deemed provided by presentation of evidence of suitable training9) 10).
18.104.22.168 Operating facilities and equipment
Personal protective equipment according to the provisions of the German Ordinance on Workplaces (ArbStättV), the German Accident Prevention Rules (UVV) and the safety regulations for work in enclosed spaces of wastewater engineering facilities.
Subcontractors must meet the requirements of this appraisal group. If only individual activities (e.g. construction monitoring) are carried out by subcontractors, the requirements of the Quality and Test Specifications must be met for these activities.
4.1 Inspections by the Quality Committee or its agents
Applicants for and users of quality marks are required to present appropriate documentation to the Quality Committee of the Gütegemeinschaft "Güteschutz Kanalbau" as verification of the fulfilment of the quality requirements of the respectively desired or certified appraisal group and to register all construction sites and projects.
In a company visit a test engineer appointed by the Quality Committee or a test centre tasked by the Quality Committee inspects and evaluates, by spot checks, compliance with and documentation of the requirements for the respective appraisal group, including documentation of the self-monitoring and the reports from the construction sites or from projects. The documents are checked for completeness and evaluated.
Results of company visits are recorded. The appraisal of the qualification takes all findings into account in a summary report. Copies are received by the applicants or users of the quality mark, the office of the Gütegemeinschaft "Güteschutz Kanalbau" and the Quality Committee.
Following award of the quality mark company visits are conducted according to the situation, but the minimum is:
- 1 company visit a year.
In the event that requirements are not met, the inspector can arrange a date for a prompt repeat inspection for the necessary and possible remedial action.
4.2 Inspections by employees of the enterprise (self-monitoring)
In the case of self-monitoring, for all appraisal groups the requirements assigned in section 3 are to be examined and compliance with them documented.
The stipulations set out in the "Guidelines for self-monitoring" are applicable.
The acceptance certificates, the results of the concluding inspections and tests and all supporting documents for self-monitoring must be retained for at least 5 years.
4.3 Review of qualifications and checking of self-monitoring
Unannounced reviews of the continued existence of the qualifications, self-monitoring and compliance with the other requirements of the certified appraisal group, also taking into account the stipulations in the Implementing Regulations, are undertaken at irregular intervals.
If non-conformities are found, the Quality Committee proposes that the Executive Board issue sanctions as laid down in the Implementing Regulations.
If the reference measures no longer correspond sufficiently to the thrust of the requirements profile of an appraisal group, the Quality Committee may, after the appropriate evaluation, decide to change the classification to a different appraisal group or the Executive Board may withdraw the quality mark on the proposal of the Quality Committee.
For further regulations on company and site visits see section 4.1.
Businesses, public institutions and engineering firms which perform services in accordance with these Quality and Test Specifications can use the Sewer Construction Quality Mark as soon as the right to use this quality mark has been awarded and compliance with the specified quality is assured.
The appraisal group or groups are to be named below the quality mark. The user of the quality mark may use the quality mark only with an indication of the appraisal group or groups for which the quality mark has been awarded.
The use of the quality mark is governed solely by the Implementing Regulations for the Awarding and Holding of the Sewer Construction Quality Mark of the Gütegemeinschaft "Güteschutz Kanalbau".
Businesses, public institutions and engineering firms which perform services in accordance with the Quality and Test Specifications label their services with the Sewer Construction Quality Mark.
These Quality and Test Specifications may be amended and updated in line with technological advances. Amendments require the prior written consent of RAL. They will be put into force by the Executive Board of the Gütegemeinschaft "Güteschutz Kanalbau" after a reasonable period of time from notification of the users of the quality mark.
1) Maintenance includes measures for servicing, inspection and rehabilitation for properly functioning operation and upkeep.
2) Figures for depth refer to the characteristic depth of the bottom of the trench within an overall construction measure.
3) Construction under aggravated conditions includes e.g. groundwater reaches, construction in groundwater without lowering, construction under operation with larger wastewater yields, the use of special obstruction methods, construction of special foundation measures.
4) An overview of rehabilitation methods can be obtained from the Gütegemeinschaft "Güteschutz Kanalbau".
5) Dipl.-Ing., Ing. (grad), Bachelor of Engineering, Master of Engineering with corresponding course content (curriculum); Staatlich geprüfter Techniker with the corresponding specialisation, Meister if the corresponding activities, knowledge and skills are included in the Meisterverordnung (German ordinance on the professional activity description and examination requirements in the practical and specialist theoretical part of the Meister examination) or equivalent recognised certificate of qualification from EU states.
6) Where required, a skilled construction engineering worker with a professional activity description recognised by the Quality Committee.
7) e.g. "Fachkraft für Rohr-, Kanal- und Industrieservice", "DWA-geprüfter Kanalinspekteur", "DWA-Sachkunde Dichtheitsprüfung von Entwässerungsanlagen außerhalb von Gebäuden", "Fachkraft für Abwassertechnik", "Zertifizierter Kanalsanierungsberater" or comparable supporting documents10).
8) e.g. "Fachkraft für Rohr-, Kanal- und Industrieservice", "DWA-geprüfter Kanalinspekteur", "Fachkraft für Abwassertechnik", "Zertifizierter Kanalsanierungsberater" or comparable supporting documents10).
9) e.g. "Zertifizierter Kanalsanierungsberater" or comparable supporting documents10).
10) Information on the contents and requirements for training courses can be obtained from the Gütegemeinschaft "Güteschutz Kanalbau".